Steve's beer blog

Wednesday, April 05, 2006



Tonight for my post I will drink two beers. Now, I know what your thinking, "doesn't that send a bad image to the youth of the nation?" Well, no. Technicaly, binge drinking is defined aas three or more beers, so with only two beers I feel that there is probably no need for the FBI to perform a warantless search of my home, although if they feel it is nessacary in the interests of national security, they by all means should, beacuse why wouldn't I want to fight terror and build freedom ??

Okay, first up is Sierra nevada's brand new India Pale Ale!!! Naturaly I was excited when I saw that Americas best brewery made a new beer, and doubly so when I saw that it was an india pale one of my favoret styles. I apologise for explaining what you probaly already know, but just incase: The India Pale Ale is a style that comes from when the British still controled India as a colony. the beer was made in England and it was made extra hoppy to survive the journey. Also, the alcohol content was raised quite naturaly beacuse if your going to transport a beer that fuckin far you might as well have some booze in it. If this explaination is actually true, well I can't verifiy, but nonetheless it's the story and the beer world is sticking to it. I don't need a reason for more hops. The beer is good, it's got some hops and more booze than a mickies so watch out. This beer also gives great head and is the most lovely color, but that's a bullshit criteria cause the color of a beer is always good. It makes me think about being a colonial master, Bitching constantly about the ice always running out even though you know damb well it travels hundreds if not thousands of miles to reach you. All this suffering for a decent living and a mean spirited peaty bitch for a wife. Fuch that!

Next up is Thunderhead IPA from Pyramid Breweries. I've never held this brewery to the esteam that I hold Sierra, so my expectations were not as high. It advertises to be "bursting with hops". It does seem to be hoppier than the Sierra, but the hoppylishousness isn't quite right. It's got the bitter tops, but I think it needs more flavor hops and it definately dosen't have the aroma hops that blackfoot IPA has.

So here is the beer blog ranking for IPAs so far 1 Blackfoot IPA 2 Sierra Nevada 3 Thunderhead

1 Comments:

Blogger Felecia said...

Have you tried the inversion ipa from deschutes yet? How does it compare?

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home