Steve's beer blog

Tuesday, March 28, 2006



Tonight I found a bottle of Full sail's old Boarhead Barleywine style ale at the conico, the same famous conico that No Such Thing wrote about in the song "Chronico". I remember seeing it in a friends beer blog and thought i would give it a wak. My first impression was that this shit was liquid fuel, so I rechecked the bottle to make sure and it verified it was in fact beer. It wasn't just the overwelming booze taste I disliked, it was another taste that I couldn't quite finger intill my roomate said it tasted like bananas and that's when i pinned it. I t dosen't taste like real banannas, it tastes like Willy Wonka Bananas, that flavor that only ten percent of the population enjoys and when you were a little kid you always ended up with a bunch of them cause no one wanted to eat the banana lafy tafty! Ohh god I just brped and it was lafty tafy all over again. the only good thing I'm getting out of this is memories of hanging out at the local swiming pool when I was a kid. Remember "now and laters", that was some hard mo fuckin shit! the best thing I can say about the beer; the carbonation seemed good and the color was breathtaking, but everybody knows it's the taste that counts. If your tolling for a barleywine ( a style that is inherantly questionable) I sugest trying a bigfoot barleywine from Sierra Nevada, the California brewery which makes americas best beer the sierra nevada pale ale.

2 Comments:

Blogger Felecia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Bridger said...

Hey Steve, I think YOU taste like bananas!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home