Steve's beer blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2006




It's the middle of the day and cold. I'm drinking busch left over from binge drinking two nights ago. I didn't drink it last night beacuse I was out binge drinking at Johnny electron's house. We were watching Nickelodian GAS (games and sports). The old games shows GUTS and Legends of the hidden temple serve both as an exciting means by wich you can organize a drinking game and at the same time gamble on the performance of children. present odds are Black kid male 2:1, white girl 10:1. We generally yell some preaty horible things at the children when they fail.

anyways this blog is about beer and my beer drinking. I hope to be faithfull. So far today I have had one and one half cans of Busch beer. I've never been a fan of Busch beer, it tastes like the yeasties are all 6's and 7's.

The best beer I've had lately is an IPA made by Blackfoot Brewery, this shit is fuckin rockin the hops train. It tastes so full of delicious hoppy goodness that you keep feeling around with your tounge for actual pieces of hops beacuse you can't imagine you could get so much hops into a liquid. It's the hoppiest beer I've ever had, and I'm far from scared of this limit being pushed further.

The brewery is in Helena MT http://www.blackfootriverbrewing.com/index.html
here's what they had to say about it. Personaly I think I explained it beter

Just like Single Malt Scotch, our I.P.A. is brewed from 100% Crisp Maris Otter floor- malted (made by hand!) barley- no specialty malts, no blending. This traditional India Pale Ale is heavily hopped with both Magnum and Cascade hops grown in the Pacific Northwest. Golden in color, refreshing to drink and full of hops, this beer is available from mid-February through mid-September. The alcohol by volume is 6.9%.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bridger said...

I've never heard of Blackfoot River but I'll see if I can locate it. I echo your characterization of Busch. I think it tastes a little like sucking on an old quarter that you would find under the coke machine in a dogfood factory.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home